High-protein oatmeal is a great choice for busy, health-conscious folks. Leftover oatmeal can be refrigerated for up to one week, so it's easy to make a big batch on the weekend - and have breakfast for the entire week! When reheating, simply microwave for 1 minute and add a little milk if necessary.
- Steel cut oats
- Vanilla Protein Powder (Whey/Casein Blend)
- Add-ins of your choice
DIRECTIONS (Makes 4 servings):
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup of steel cut oats
- Let the water and oats come to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low.
- Let the oats simmer, UNCOVERED, for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.
- Turn burner off, stir occasionally, WAIT 5-10 MINUTES before adding 4 scoops of protein powder.
- Add fruit/nuts/etc
ADD-IN IDEAS (per serving):
- 1/2 banana, 1/2 serving of walnuts, 2 tsp coconut milk
- fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc), 1/2 serving of pecans
- 1/2 apple, 1 serving dried figs (cut into small squares)
NUTRITIONAL PROFILE: (1/4 c. oats + 1 scoop protein powder)
Calories: 270, Protein: 32g, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 32g*
*Add-ins will increase this total