- 300g raw butternut squash
- 2 servings (66g) Fat Free Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 serving (12g) PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 T (16g) cashew butter (any nut butter could be used)
- 1 T (5g) Central Market bulk unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 3 servings (102g) Chocolate Protein Powder
- Sugar Free sweetener to taste (I used 2-3 packets of Truvia)
- Salt to taste if desired
- Roast or steam butternut squash until very tender.
- Allow to cool and mash or blend until very smooth. (I use an immersion hand blender)
- Add remaining ingredients, continuing to mash and blend smooth.
- Mixture will be very thick and VERY sticky.
- Line a pan or plate with wax paper, and spread mixture into a reasonably uniform thickness "bar". You can try using the back of a spoon or spatula, or even a sheet of wax paper, sprayed with cooking spray to help spread. (without cooking spray, it will stick to utensil)
- Place in freezer for at least an hour or two before cutting into 12 pieces and wrapping each in wax paper.
- For best results, store in freezer–note it will freeze rock hard.
- Before eating, allow to thaw some (doesn't take long if cut in individual pieces).
- If stored in refrigerator, it tends to be more sticky and lose shape.