Unsanctioned DEADLIFT-ONLY Meet!
GrassIron's Second Annual "Day of the Dead" is an unsanctioned, casual meet perfect for both new and experienced lifters. Lifters will compete for one of four 1st place prizes - a Growler filled with local craft beer! Growlers will be awarded to the top male and top female in the Open Division (placement based on Wilks formula) as well as the Master's division (40+ years old, placement based on Wilks + Age Coefficient - based on age attained in 2015).
- Lifting singlets are NOT required but encouraged. The lifter's knees must be visible to judge lockout (tights are permitted, baggie sweat pants are NOT).
- Tall socks that cover the shins are REQUIRED. Shoes are not required.
- Standard "raw" powerlifting accessories are allowed (belt, knee/elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, etc), but assistive gear (Squat/DL Suits, briefs, knee wraps, sleeves made of wrap material, etc) is NOT allowed. Straps are NOT allowed.
All lifts will be performed with a specialty "Texas Deadlift Bar" and Pendlay Elite bumper plates. All weights will be in kilograms. There will be pound-to-kilo conversion charts available in the warmup area as well as the scorer's table. The bar can be loaded to 290kg/640lbs in this fashion.
- Each lifter will be granted 3 attempts in a standard "Round Robin" flight arrangement. Opening attempts must be given at weigh-in. Opening attempts cannot be changed after the lifter's flight has begun.
- Second and third attempts must be given to the scorer's table within 60 seconds of completion of the previous lift. A lifter can increase their weight by 1kg increments only.
- ONLY third attempts may be changed, up until the bar has been loaded, and up to two changes can be made.
Non-members are welcome to compete!
DATE: Saturday 10/17/15
VENUE: GrassIron Gym
5501 N Lamar C-109
Austin TX 78751
ENTRY DEADLINE: All meet forms must be received by Midnight, Friday 10/10/15 – late entries will not be accepted. Entry fees will NOT be accepted at weigh-ins.
Best Overall: Open Male and Female using Wilks
Best Overall: Masters Male and Female using Age-Adjusted Wilks
*There will be NO Weight Class awards and NO 2nd or 3rd Place awards.