CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS MEETS:
- Spectators will be invited to cheer for their favorite lifters via ZOOM - only competitors will be allowed in the gym on the day of the competition
- START TIME: 1PM
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED during the entire competition.
- Social distancing will be maintained during the competition.
- Lifters will be allowed to compete virtually via ZOOM.
- This year will be a MEMBERS-ONLY competition (if you've trained with us at any point in the past, you are still a part of the GI family and are welcome to compete)
GrassIron's 7th Annual "Day of the Dead" is an unsanctioned, casual meet perfect for both new and experienced lifters.
In lieu of beer-filled growlers/trophies, 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Central Texas Food Bank this year.
- Because there are no trophies and lifters will be allowed to compete virtually, there will be NO WEIGH-INS.
- Lifting singlets are NOT required. The lifter's knees must be visible to judge lockout (tights are permitted, baggie sweat pants are NOT).
- Shoes are not required.
- Standard "raw" powerlifting accessories are allowed (belt, knee/elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, etc), but assistive gear (Squat/DL Suits, briefs, knee wraps, sleeves made of wrap material, etc) is NOT allowed.
- Straps are NOT allowed.
All lifts will be performed with a specialty "Texas Deadlift Bar" and Pendlay Elite bumper plates. All weights will be in kilograms. There will be pound-to-kilo conversion charts available in the warmup area as well as the scorer's table. The bar can be loaded to 290kg/640lbs in this fashion.
Each lifter will be granted 3 attempts in a standard "Round Robin" flight arrangement. Opening attempts must be given at weigh-in. Opening attempts cannot be changed after the lifter's flight has begun.
Second and third attempts must be given to the scorer's table within 60 seconds of completion of the previous lift. A lifter can increase their weight by 1kg increments only.
DATE: Saturday 10/24/2020
VENUE: GrassIron Gym
5555 N Lamar B-110
Austin TX 78751
ENTRY DEADLINE: All meet forms must be received by Midnight, Friday 10/23/2020 – late entries will not be accepted.
Best Overall: Open Male and Female using Wilks
Best Overall: Masters Male and Female using Age-Adjusted Wilks
*There will be NO Weight Class awards and NO 2nd or 3rd Place awards.
Registration is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.